Thursday, February 23, 2006

It has been a crazy week. I tell you what, I love playing in other states, but it's rough when the shows are on school nights. Last Thursday we all dropped what we were doing, took off work, skipped classes, and headed down to good ol' South Carolina! Played a show at Presbyterian College. Tons of fun, especially playing with Jeff Lown's band Danger Face for their first show.

And we ate a lot. The food guy was late, so the promoter sent someone to get Taco Bell, and of course the original food guy then showed up, so we had a rather large dinner. I don't remember how many chicken burritos I ate but it was definitely enough. Then they were kind enough to let us sleep in the coffee shop in which we played . . . there were plenty of couches to crash on after partying with some locals in the dorm rooms.

Then we played on Tuesday the 21st at JMU with Nathaniel Baker. I was blown away by the turnout---probably over 300 people, and on a school night, which is insane. Thanks to our Harrisonburg fans (as well as Nathaniel's) for such astounding support.

Oh yeah, and I know you all loved my tasty little break in the middle of the first chorus of "If I'd Known." Yeah, I meant to do it. It was kind of a Tait "freeze" thing. Don't ask.

Man, and we just found out . . . two HUGE shows coming up for us. March 16th at Starr Hill with Mutemath (!!!) and the Working Title.

Then, on April 8th, in Harrisonburg again . . . at Macrock! The headliner this year for Macrock was just announced as well---the Walkmen.

Good stuff.

Also going to be laying down some drum tracks this weekend with Adam Baber . . . pray I don't suck. I pray that all the time, and it never works, which is why I don't believe in God.

And before someone gets their panties in a bunch, it's a joke.

Haha . . . when I was searching for a link to insert for the God thing, I looked up www.godsucks.com. The website doesn't exist, surprisingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home