Amoco House was packed last Friday. We didn't even advertise in Harrisonburg; word got around though, I guess. I'm sure the free drinks didn't hurt, either . . .
So I had some time to kill today before my last final. I decided to go into Costco and get some free food samples. As I was walking away from a teriaki chicken stand, I thought I heard someone say it. No, I thought, there's no possible way I heard what I thought I did.
So I turned to the lady, who was wearing a dress and a head covering. Either Mennonite or Amish, I can never tell them apart. Anyways, I smiled.
She said it again: "Aren't you one of those rockers?"
I had to laugh. Apparently she had read the article in this Saturday's paper. For those of you that missed it, there was a huge article on Shapiro and a picture that took up half the freaking page. The article can be found here.
Actually the reporter who wrote it, Martin Cizmar, came to our Amoco House show on Friday. I think he enjoyed himself. He's a cool guy, Martin. Went to law school so he's probably smarter than you. Nice to know that someone with documented intelligence enjoys our music . . . all hope is not lost for us . . .
So I had some time to kill today before my last final. I decided to go into Costco and get some free food samples. As I was walking away from a teriaki chicken stand, I thought I heard someone say it. No, I thought, there's no possible way I heard what I thought I did.
So I turned to the lady, who was wearing a dress and a head covering. Either Mennonite or Amish, I can never tell them apart. Anyways, I smiled.
She said it again: "Aren't you one of those rockers?"
I had to laugh. Apparently she had read the article in this Saturday's paper. For those of you that missed it, there was a huge article on Shapiro and a picture that took up half the freaking page. The article can be found here.
Actually the reporter who wrote it, Martin Cizmar, came to our Amoco House show on Friday. I think he enjoyed himself. He's a cool guy, Martin. Went to law school so he's probably smarter than you. Nice to know that someone with documented intelligence enjoys our music . . . all hope is not lost for us . . .


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home