Fun weekend, out of town . . .
After staying up way too late Friday night, we left for Longwood University at around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday. The drive was . . . scary. I scared myself several times. Very curvy back roads through creepy woods until you reach Farmville, which is a relatively small town (big enough to be infiltrated by Wal-Mart, though, much to Carl's dismay I'm sure).
We only got a little lost there before winding up at the Lancer Cafe. The people there were extremely nice and everyone was making jokes about their small town. I understood, having lived in Franklin, West Virginia for most of my young life.
We played pretty well I thought, L.E.A.V.I.NG. is still a little sloppy but we're going to practice that one with a WORKING metronome tonight. Setlist was:
From the Start
I Lie Here Still
If I'd Known
I Do
Jesse's Song
Hiding Out
Leaving
We rolled back into Harrisonburg at around 1:30 a.m. I opted to drive again since anyone else in our band driving those backwoods roads in the van would have traumatized me.
Then Sunday we drove down to Arlington to play with Now Sleepyhead, friends of ours from tour, as well as Sadaharu (check out their live show if you haven't already!). Same set, minus I Lie Here Still (no one likes long openers). Good times all around.
Looking forward to next weekend at Attitudes (which is where we first met our tour buddies the Silent Press). Very nostalgic for me. Then on Saturday I'm going to Lexington to present a paper at an undergraduate Shakespeare conference. But no one is supposed to know that because it brings my "cool factor" down I think.
Oh yeah, and Starr Hill, finally . . . December 2nd.
After staying up way too late Friday night, we left for Longwood University at around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday. The drive was . . . scary. I scared myself several times. Very curvy back roads through creepy woods until you reach Farmville, which is a relatively small town (big enough to be infiltrated by Wal-Mart, though, much to Carl's dismay I'm sure).
We only got a little lost there before winding up at the Lancer Cafe. The people there were extremely nice and everyone was making jokes about their small town. I understood, having lived in Franklin, West Virginia for most of my young life.
We played pretty well I thought, L.E.A.V.I.NG. is still a little sloppy but we're going to practice that one with a WORKING metronome tonight. Setlist was:
From the Start
I Lie Here Still
If I'd Known
I Do
Jesse's Song
Hiding Out
Leaving
We rolled back into Harrisonburg at around 1:30 a.m. I opted to drive again since anyone else in our band driving those backwoods roads in the van would have traumatized me.
Then Sunday we drove down to Arlington to play with Now Sleepyhead, friends of ours from tour, as well as Sadaharu (check out their live show if you haven't already!). Same set, minus I Lie Here Still (no one likes long openers). Good times all around.
Looking forward to next weekend at Attitudes (which is where we first met our tour buddies the Silent Press). Very nostalgic for me. Then on Saturday I'm going to Lexington to present a paper at an undergraduate Shakespeare conference. But no one is supposed to know that because it brings my "cool factor" down I think.
Oh yeah, and Starr Hill, finally . . . December 2nd.


2 Comments:
Can't wait for friday. It'll be the first time I've been back to Attitudes since the spring when Drew left booking... and I can't think of a better band to come back to the venue to watch. You guys rule, hands down.
-indie jake, the lighting guy
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home