Crazy weekend . . .
Thursday night at around 9 p.m., Shana and I headed down to Richmond for Katie Dean's Halloween Party and Friday-afternoon dance recital. On the return trip we apparently missed the I-64 exit and ended up going all the way to Fredericksburg and got stuck in rush-hour traffic for an hour there. It ended up taking around four hours to get back.
Saturday, I woke up and practiced with the boys for about an hour. We then packed up and left immediately for the Boiler Room in Columbia, South Carolina. It took us 6 hours to get there.
The crowd turnout was a little disappointing, due in no small part to the fact that two of the bands on the show dropped out. However, the people who were there seemed very responsive and the sound was good (as it was when we played there in August). Setlist:
From the Start
I Lie Here Still
If I'd Known
I Do
Jesse's Song
Hiding Out (title?)
L.e.a.v.i.n.g.
Columbia local band Madison Fair played after us, they played a good set as well. Thanks to Ben and the dreds guy (I'm sorry I can't remember your name man . . . I just know that you know a ridiculous amount about the sci-fi trilogy) for being so awesome. We love you.
Because the show ended around 10 p.m., and because daylight savings time was working for us, we decided to drive all the way back last night. We ended up back at our house around 3:30 a.m.
I'm tired of being in vehicles.
Thursday night at around 9 p.m., Shana and I headed down to Richmond for Katie Dean's Halloween Party and Friday-afternoon dance recital. On the return trip we apparently missed the I-64 exit and ended up going all the way to Fredericksburg and got stuck in rush-hour traffic for an hour there. It ended up taking around four hours to get back.
Saturday, I woke up and practiced with the boys for about an hour. We then packed up and left immediately for the Boiler Room in Columbia, South Carolina. It took us 6 hours to get there.
The crowd turnout was a little disappointing, due in no small part to the fact that two of the bands on the show dropped out. However, the people who were there seemed very responsive and the sound was good (as it was when we played there in August). Setlist:
From the Start
I Lie Here Still
If I'd Known
I Do
Jesse's Song
Hiding Out (title?)
L.e.a.v.i.n.g.
Columbia local band Madison Fair played after us, they played a good set as well. Thanks to Ben and the dreds guy (I'm sorry I can't remember your name man . . . I just know that you know a ridiculous amount about the sci-fi trilogy) for being so awesome. We love you.
Because the show ended around 10 p.m., and because daylight savings time was working for us, we decided to drive all the way back last night. We ended up back at our house around 3:30 a.m.
I'm tired of being in vehicles.


1 Comments:
Hey, i don't know if you know about convocation at liberty university, but it's where everyone in the school comes together in the vines center 3 times a week. anyways, after convocation, they were playing "prelude" over the speakers as everyone left. so although there wasn't a great turnout for you this past weekend, at least know about about 7 or 8 thousand people heard you this morning, and i was happy to answer "who is this?" a couple times
Post a Comment
<< Home