Band practice anecdote of the week:
We decided to try one of our newer songs with a metronome during practice last Thursday. We had the metronome hooked up to the PA, so I set it to 132 bpm. It seemed to be an acceptable speed for the song.
A few measures into the song, we were suddenly extremely off-beat with the metronome (a quarter note off or more). We thought that perhaps we weren't paying enough attention, so we tried again. Again, the same thing happened.
I picked up the metronome and jiggled it. The click did a retardando.
We stopped practicing with that metronome. That thing needs new batteries.
We decided to try one of our newer songs with a metronome during practice last Thursday. We had the metronome hooked up to the PA, so I set it to 132 bpm. It seemed to be an acceptable speed for the song.
A few measures into the song, we were suddenly extremely off-beat with the metronome (a quarter note off or more). We thought that perhaps we weren't paying enough attention, so we tried again. Again, the same thing happened.
I picked up the metronome and jiggled it. The click did a retardando.
We stopped practicing with that metronome. That thing needs new batteries.


1 Comments:
Hopefully we'll be coming to Liberty before the semester is over. As for shirts, I don't know if we're planning to put any up for sale online at present . . . but if you know what you want, just e-mail one of us and perhaps we can work something out.
Post a Comment
<< Home