
The Silent Press CD release show . . . was nothing but fun for me. I forgot how much I love those guys. For those of you that missed it . . . well, you missed it. We all had a good time. I thought we played well, especially for not practicing for five days. And the Silent Press played their entire CD live, including all the electronic sounds and organ parts. Our manager Daniel White ran sound, always good to see him, and Greg delivered the rest of our Shapiro shirts. To those of you that ordered shirts online from us and have not yet received them, you should be getting them soon--sorry about the delay. They were on backorder for a long time.
Two new button designs too, my favorites by far.
In other news, my face is recouperating from snowboarding last week. On Wednesday it was extremely windy. As I was picking up my board to walk back to the top of the terrain park, a gust of wind blew the metal edge of the board into my face, chipping my front tooth at the bottom. Thankfully my uncle (a dentist) was able to touch it up and now it is barely noticable.
Then, back at the terrain park on Thursday, I was getting bored with boardsliding a grind box, so I decided to jump the thing long-ways off the little kicker in front of it. However, I went way too fast, and as I sailed over the box and looked down at the mound of ice I was about to slam into, I realized what a stupid idea it was to attempt such a jump since 1.) I'm not a very good snowboarder, and 2.) we had a show with the Silent Press the next day and if I broke my arm Jeremy would be really mad. Thankfully my face cushioned the blow, and I made it out with only the wind knocked out of me and a really scraped-up chin.
And even that's looking much better now, thank you.
Norfolk next Friday, then on February 3rd, Blacksburg with the Silent Press. I'm really excited about that one.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home