Driving down to Norfolk Friday evening, we stopped at McDonalds to grab a quick bite, only to find out after we arrive at the New Belmont that we had a $30 tab. D'oh!
Aside from some technical bass difficulties, the show went well and was lots of fun. Everyone was drinking, and they really liked us (perhaps I should rephrase: everyone was drinking, and so they really liked us). After the final "boom boom"s of "L.e.a.v.i.n.g.," people started yelling for us to play "Prelude." We hadn't practiced this song in about six months (the last time we played it was at the beginning of our tour back in August). But we thought, what the hey, so we played it. It actually went pretty well. All in all a fun night. Special thanks to Jeff and Drew for always being such cool guys . . . sorry we couldn't hang out longer.
Oh and Jeff, I don't appreciate you trying to sucker other band members into staying longer by buying them drinks, especially when I have to drive home. Haha. Speaking of which, we rolled back into Harrisonburg at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning. It was rough . . . I started thinking the lines on the road were small animals.
I do have to complain about one thing here: apparently the manager of the New Belmont, after one too many drinks, decided to threaten to pull the plug on us in the middle of our set if the sound guy didn't turn us down. The sound man was forced to comply, thus causing the piano to completely drop out of the moniters in the middle of "Hiding Out," as well as mess up the mix for everyone listening. Not cool. I would like to voice publicly my disappointment in the manager's lack of maturity in this matter, and hope that future bands there are treated with more respect. For those who were there, feel free to post on the New Belmont's guestbook about how pissed you were at the sudden drop in volume halfway through the set.
If the Silent Press had been playing with us, the guy probably would've had a heart attack.
Speaking of which, next Friday at Attitudes in Blacksburg, then in Fredericksburg on Saturday at The Bourbon Room with Sparky's Flaw. Come.
Aside from some technical bass difficulties, the show went well and was lots of fun. Everyone was drinking, and they really liked us (perhaps I should rephrase: everyone was drinking, and so they really liked us). After the final "boom boom"s of "L.e.a.v.i.n.g.," people started yelling for us to play "Prelude." We hadn't practiced this song in about six months (the last time we played it was at the beginning of our tour back in August). But we thought, what the hey, so we played it. It actually went pretty well. All in all a fun night. Special thanks to Jeff and Drew for always being such cool guys . . . sorry we couldn't hang out longer.
Oh and Jeff, I don't appreciate you trying to sucker other band members into staying longer by buying them drinks, especially when I have to drive home. Haha. Speaking of which, we rolled back into Harrisonburg at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning. It was rough . . . I started thinking the lines on the road were small animals.
I do have to complain about one thing here: apparently the manager of the New Belmont, after one too many drinks, decided to threaten to pull the plug on us in the middle of our set if the sound guy didn't turn us down. The sound man was forced to comply, thus causing the piano to completely drop out of the moniters in the middle of "Hiding Out," as well as mess up the mix for everyone listening. Not cool. I would like to voice publicly my disappointment in the manager's lack of maturity in this matter, and hope that future bands there are treated with more respect. For those who were there, feel free to post on the New Belmont's guestbook about how pissed you were at the sudden drop in volume halfway through the set.
If the Silent Press had been playing with us, the guy probably would've had a heart attack.
Speaking of which, next Friday at Attitudes in Blacksburg, then in Fredericksburg on Saturday at The Bourbon Room with Sparky's Flaw. Come.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home